Monday, May 25, 2015

May 25, 2015

Here is the e-mail we got from Mason today -

So this week has been pretty good but to start off I am going to get moved to Inverness! So I will be missing Peter's baptism and I'm mad about that, and guess who is in my district - Elder Rogers. I am going to be with the district leader up there so that means I will be going on exchanges with Elder Rogers as well. But President said now is the best time to go so I will be spending the summer in the Highlands. I may also get to see a sea monster cause Loch Ness is in the area. Also I will get to go and see Elder Holland live when he comes so that will be "Legen . . . wait for it . . . dary". I also have quite a few pictures to send today. I haven't heard anything from the Austins yet but the sisters teaching them say they are still doing good. 

So on last Monday after emailing we went and rearanged everything in the flat we moved our beds into another room and made the old bedroom the study room and the living room is now just the living room since it used to be the study room and living room. Then we went out to Kilsyth to try to get to the Roman fort but there weren't any bus stops close enough so we just went on a big loop and then had dinner and that finished up the day.

Tuesday we had district meeting and that was good. After that we went as a district and had lunch at this place called Witherspoons that was really good. We were hoping to buy some kilts that day but when we got there the store was closed, I think the owner was on his lunch break. We went on exchanges that day so I was up here in Cumbernauld with the redneck from Logan Elder Yates he is so funny. We did some tracting then we had ward council that night so not much to exciting there. 

Wednesday we started off by exchanging back, and me and Elder Perkins went and got some kilts that day. The guy didn't have too many of the £15 kilts left but the tartan that mine is is clan Douglas. It's a bit small cause the guy measured me up a bit snug so a little more motivation to lose more weight here. We then had brunch with Stewart and Teresa that was really good and really Scottish. Then it was the usual the rest of the day. 

Thursday we had flat checks that day and that took a while then we pretty much spent the whole day weekly planing. 

Friday we had to go into Glasgow for the District Leader council I was able to just hang out with the other DLA's (district leaders assistant) that was fun we just walked around Glasgow for a while and chatted. Then it was off to do some service at the salvation army store. Then we went to a town called Blackwood and tried by one of our investigators who has been real busy but we where able to talk to her for a bit and that was good then it was back to the flat for dinner. 

Saturday was the best day of the week. It was the stake hill walk that day and it was a ton of fun. Most of the zone was able to come so I got to hang out with some more missionaries I got a lot of pictures from that. When we were coming back down Elder Yates asked me if I could give him a piggy back ride and I did.  A sister that was there got some good pictures so hopefully she sends those to me. After that we went back to the flat got lunch and changed. We then went out to where Adam (the ward mission leader) lives and did some tracting around there. Then for dinner we went to a place called The Carvery which is really good. Then went back to the flat and talked to the Airdrie Elders about their moves predictons.

Sunday we had church that was good and Peter came and we got some stuff for his baptism sorted out. The rest of the day not much else happened until moves call. So that was my week. 
__________________________________________________________________
 
We actually found out Mason was being transferred to Inverness last night on the Scotland/Ireland mission Facebook page so we looked up some information about Inverness. It is the northernmost city in the United Kingdom and it is about about 160 miles north (and a little west) of Edinburgh.  It is considered the capital city of The Highlands and has a population of over 60,000. There is a large college campus there - Inverness College - which is the main campus of The University of the Highlands. In a 2014 survey Inverness was named as the happiest place in Scotland. There were also 2 big battles near Inverness in the 11th and 18th centuries and you can still visit the battlefield and it looks like there are a lot of castles, old churches, and forts so I am sure that will make Mason happy. Here are a few pictures of Inverness - 
 
This is the Inverness castle overlooking the River Ness
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is the LDS church in Inverness (from a Google street view map) right on the River Ness (the river is on the left side of the picture but you can't really see it).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I think this first picture must be at their district meeting and then a picture of Mason and Elder Perkins wearing their new kilts.
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And these are pictures from the stake hill walk they had on Saturday.















When I was e-mailing back and forth with Mason I asked him who the missionary was that made him look small - he said it was Elder Burch from England. 







No comments:

Post a Comment