Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26, 2015

Here is this week's e-mail. I did get up early today to see if I could catch him while he was still on his e-mail because I knew if he got transferred he wouldn't tell me everything I would want to know.  He had just sent his e-mail when I woke up about 4:30 and he was still logged on so we sent a few e-mails back and forth so I will just work in the information I got into his original e-mail.

So I am getting moved to Glasgow, but I won't actually be in the city itself.  I'll be in a town called Cumbernauld just outside of Glasgow. (It is actually only about 10 miles outside of Glasgow.  Right now he is about 40 miles south and west of Glasgow and now he will be just a little north and east of Glasgow - so he is going to be about 50 miles from where he is now in Ayr.) My companion is going to be Elder Rogers and he is from Australia, and I haven't met him before. I will leave on Wednesday morning and I will probably take a train to get there. And, there is a ward in Cumbernauld.

This week has been really good apart from the fact that I really wanted to stay in Ayr. We taught Alistair twice this week and he is doing great and going really strong. (I asked him if he thought he would maybe be able to go back to Ayr for Alistair's baptism since he isn't going to be too far away but he doesn't think he will be able to.) It was kind of cold the first half of the week, but it wasn't too bad the rest of the week so it has been nice here.

On Thursday I hurt my back just by picking up a piece of paper and turning, so I was out of commission Thursday and Friday and that wasn't too fun. My back is still a little sore but it is doing better. I am taking ibuprofen for my back so it isn't too bad right now.

Other than that there really hasn't been anything too exciting. I think it would be a good idea to make a Dropbox so I can upload my pictures and some videos I have taken so you can watch them.  This week at district meeting I got a really funny video of Elder Campbell eating three teacakes at one time with Elder Stringer egging him on and it was so funny.

Well, that is about it. I love you and miss you.

We found the LDS church on Google street view where Mason is moving and I did a screen shot - so here is the church in Cumbernauld . . . and it kind of looks like it is in the middle of nowhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment